October is Breast Cancer Awareness month! Help us to support research into this important issue that affects hundreds of thousands of women every year. For the month of October, VICI will donate a portion of every purchase of a limited edition Pink Ribbon Hand Relief to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
But be sure to take these steps at home to help prevent breast cancer, and be sure to share with someone you love!
- Call your grandma. No really, this isn’t a guilt trip (although, she did mention you haven’t returned her last two calls…). Finding out your family history can be an eye-opening experience, especially when it comes to cancer. Besides, she just wants to hear from you.
- Eat healthy, and embrace a diet high in vegetables and fruit for added fiber. Whole grains are another great source of fiber, and can be heart healthy also! No, fruit snacks do not count.
- Choose low-sugar beverages like unsweetened tea over high fructose corn syrup filled beverages whenever possible. Yes, this is an excuse to drink more LaCroix.
- Choose lean meats like chicken and fish, and enjoy red meat in moderation
- Drink little or no alcohol, as alcohol is associated with an increased risk of breast cancer. Place limits on the number of drinks you are going to have before you go out, and stick to it. Hangovers suck anyway.
- Don’t smoke, or, kick the habit! We don’t need to tell you how bad smoking is– you’re a smart person, you already know. When it comes to quitting, the benefits are many, and this is just one more
- Exercise! I know, I know… Maleficent just dropped on Disney+, and the world is on fire. Curling up under the covers sounds pretty great. But so does a healthy, strong, long life
- Get a mammogram. It’s not that bad, and if you have a family history, find a lump, or have other concerns, talk to your doctor immediately.